AVS Office Hours- Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Jennifer Caddell, Supervisor; Office: TE201C Phone: 410-543-6463
Wayne Earp, IT Support Associate
James Ellis, IT Support Associate
- The AVS dept. designs, installs and supports AV systems in academic classrooms and conference rooms on campus. The AV technologies that we support are projectors, flat panel displays, microphones, integrated sound systems, document cameras, web cameras, and AV control systems. AVS is not able to provide support for outdoor venues, locations in non-academic buildings, and theatrical or concert venues. AVS is also not able to provide professional, production level recording. If professional recording is needed an outside company such as Mid-South Audio or PAC 14 will need to be contracted to do the recording.
Things to keep in mind
- After office hours and weekend support is not typically available. For weekend or evening events it is recommended that the customer visit the room the event will take place in to practice using the AV technology prior to the day of your event. Training prior to the day of your event on AV system use can be arranged by submitting a request through the online Technology Support Center at https://support.salisbury.edu or calling the IT Help Desk.
- Typical event support includes AV system startup, presentation startup, and microphone assistance. The technician will leave once the event has begun. When requesting support please indicate the time you will be able to meet the technician prior to the start of your event. This is typically 15 to 30 minutes prior to the start.
- Additional wired and wireless microphones are available in some of our larger tiered classrooms. You can add additional microphones where applicable through EMS. If additional microphones are requested AVS will need access to the room for a minimum of 2 hours prior to the start of the event in order to set the microphones up and test them.
- Customers are responsible for their own login credentials for logging into SU computers and applications that require a login. Guest logins can be requested through the EMS reservations system or by submitting a request through the online Technology Support Center at https://support.salisbury.edu .
- AVS no longer has portable AV carts, laptops or projector screens. Portable projectors and portable projector screens can be checked out from the Media Services checkout counter located in TETC 325D. Laptops are available for checkout from the IT Help Desk located in the Academic Commons building on the 1st
Integrated Media Center and Equipment Checkout Hours
Knowledge base link: https://kb.salisbury.edu/display/TSC/Integrated+Media+Center
During the Spring and Fall Semesters:
Monday through Thursday: 8:30AM to Midnight
Friday: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
Sunday: 3:30PM to Midnight for the Integrated Media Center only.
Contact information/Questions about Services
Equipment checkout information - 410-677-0298 (on campus x70298)
9 AM to 5PM weekdays all calls will be referred to Ray Fantini x36231 (410-543-6231) and if not available go to the email address email@example.com
5PM to 11:30 PM Sunday thru Thursday calls will be referred to Michael Camillo x70031 (410-677-0031) and if not available go to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most classrooms on campus are now equipped with AV technology. Please see the list for available AV technologies in classrooms, located in the Technology Support Center Knowledgebase by following this link https://kb.salisbury.edu/ and searching for classroom/meeting locations. This information can also be found in EMS by clicking on the “Features” tab for any room you have selected.
- Please see additional handout for list of departmentally controlled rooms that have AV systems with web conferencing capabilities.