Use the links below to access your email from anywhere using a web browser.
Faculty and Staff - Outlook Web Access
Faculty and staff will use Outlook Web App to check their Outlook (Exchange) email online. Internet Explorer is recommended.
Some features and functionality, like the Address Book, are not available when using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Attachment size limits: Microsoft Outlook has a 20 MB size limit for total mail message size (mail message + attachment) for sending and receiving. Max size for sending to pre-populated groups is 3MB.
Faculty, Staff, and Students - Office365 WebMail
**Faculty and Staff who have been migrated to Office 365 for their email will use the same information below to access their email from the web.
Faculty, Staff, and Students who use Office365 to check their email online should log into Office365 using their full SU email address as the username, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
SU student email accounts are deleted one year after your last semester at SU.
Attachment size limits: Microsoft Outlook has a 20 MB size limit for total mail message size (mail message + attachment) for sending and receiving.
Alumni email during the 1 year post graduation grace period
Alumni who have graduated within 1 year will continue to check their email through Office365 as laid out in the student section above. Alumni should be transitioning to a post-graduation personal email address during the one year grace period following graduation. Some things graduates may want to consider doing during this time.
- If you haven't already, set up a new email address with one of the free service providers, like Gmail or Outlook.
- Your new email provider may be able to import your email and contacts. If so, you will need your POP and/or IMAP settings. To find your settings, log into your student email and click Help. Search for POP and then click on POP and IMAP settings.
- Set an automatic reply to tell senders of your new email address by clicking Settings and then choosing Automatic replies.
- Set up a forwarding rule for your email by clicking Settings and then search for Forwarding.
- Update any external accounts that may use your SU email for the username, contact or password retrieval.
Keep in mind that automatic replies and forwarding rules will only be in effect while your account is active. Once it's removed after the one year grace period, anyone sending an email to your address will receive a bounce-back email that the account no longer exists.