Outlook regularly pops up with a Windows Credentials window. This may happen from time to time when you lose connection to the server or have recently changed a password. Usually, entering in the password or restarting Outlook fixes the issue. However, if this happens regularly at sporadic intervals, there may be a larger issue.
Depending on the cause, you may have to do one or more of the following.
Restart the computer
The most common reason Outlook asks for credentials is that your password has been changed but you have not yet restarted and logged in with the new password. Try restarting and logging in with the new password.
Clear cached credentials
- Start>Control Panel>Credentials Manager
- Under Windows Credentials select and remove any Microsoft Office or Outlook credentials.
- A restart is recommended after deleting the crednetials.
Delete and reset the Outlook profile
- Start>Control Panel>Mail
- Click Show Profiles
- Select and Remove all profiles.
- Click Add...
- Name the profile and click Next.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK to exit.