This guide covers recommended options for securing your computer from viruses and malware, both on and off-campus. Note that these programs change their subscription model often.
Anti-malware for Salisbury University computers
- Windows Defender (Windows 10) is the chosen anti-malware program for Salisbury University and is installed on all IT-maintained machines automatically.
- Campus Macintosh computers are automatically protected by Cloudstrike.
Free anti-malware for personal computers and devices
Microsoft's built in Windows Defender protects Windows consumers from most malware, spyware and viruses. Other options include:
- Bitdefender Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows - https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html
- AVG AntiVirus Free for Windows, Mac and Android - https://www.avg.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Windows, Mac and Android - https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
- SpyBot Search & Destroy for Windows - https://www.safer-networking.org/dl/
- Avast Free Antivirus for Windows, Mac and Android - https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
- Panda Free Antivirus for Windows and Android - https://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/solutions/free-antivirus/
There is no content with the specified labels