- Open Outlook.
- Click File and then make sure Info is selected from the listing on the left.
- Click Account Settings, and then choose Account Settings…Settings.
- Highlight your email account (the one with a check mark next to it) and click Change… above it.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click Select the Advanced Tab.
- Click Choose Add…
- Type the name of the mailbox you want to add and click OK.
- Click OK to save.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
- Close and reopen Outlook
If the owner of the mailbox has not given you permissions to view their inbox or folders in their mailbox, you will not be able to open the mailbox. You may see a message like this:
If that happens, you will need to contact the account owner to have them recheck the sharing settings. In particular, "Folder visible" needs to be checked on within the Permissions tab of the root folder (usually your name or email address) and on the Inbox of the shared account in order for the shared folders to be visible.
To request permission to a departmental/shared email complete a ticket request at https://support.salisbury.edu/. Be sure to select I Need Access and from the drop down choose Email Account.
|Content by Label|