12. Go to Step 5: Start Remote Desktop Connection
Method 3: Juniper VPN Connection
If you are connecting to your office pc using a personal computer you may also connect via the VPN using the below instructions:
Open Internet Explorer (not Microsoft Edge)and go to https://vpn.salisbury.edu and sign in with your SU login and password.
2. Log in with your SU username and password, and then click I Agree, Sign In. You may get a Setup Warning message similar to the one below (depending upon your browser). If so, click Yes or Always to install. This may require a restart.
3. Go to Step 5: Start Remote Desktop Connection
Step 4: Start Remote Desktop Connection:
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Under the Windows Accessories folder select Remote Desktop Connection
- Enter the IP address of your work computer (e.g. 22.214.171.124) and select Show Options to enter your email address in the Username field
- After clicking Connect, you will be prompted for security credentials in the Window Security box. Type your SU username (if prompted) and your SU password then click OK.
- Note: If the credentials do not work, try “Use another account” and log in with your full SU email address and password.
- You may get a message that the identity of the remote computer cannot be verified. Check the box “Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer” and then click Yes.
- Once clicking OK, the Remote Desktop Session will start. Type your SU username and password at the login screen of the Remote Desktop session and click OK.
- Once the Remote Desktop session has started your PC screen will have the remote session of the PC you have remoted into as the remote computer name will be displayed at the top of the screen in a blue banner bar.
- Once finished with the Remote Desktop session, click the start button and logoff to end your remote session. This will place you back at your local home screen/PC.