Properly recorded a lecture or presentation via Panopto.
- Professor must enable Panopto for the course in MyClasses.
- Download for Panopto is located in the Software Center and does not require administrative credentials.
- In classrooms and conference rooms Panopto is located either on the desktop or in the Academic Software folder on the desktop.
- If they are recording audio and video you will need to make sure the room has a web cam. If not then you will need to install one.
- After opening Panopto you will click on the Sign in with MyClasses Canvas tab.
- Click on Login with SU username
- Professor will login to MyClasses with their SU credentials. (We do not login with our credentials under any circumstance).
- Click authorize.
- Check audio/video settings.
- Audio color bar next to video will need to be set to high.
- Under video tab; make sure the web cam in the room is selected and that you can see the video coming from the camera
- Under the audio tab; make sure the camera in the room is selected as the audio source and test it by checking the audio bar next to the video.
- If the presenter only wants to capture the PowerPoint with audio then select the check box next to Capture PowerPoint.
- If you select Capture Main Screen then this will capture whatever is on the screen and the audio.
- Select the correct course you want the recording to be sent to by clicking on the drop down menu next to Session Folder.
- When ready to record click on the Record tab in the top left corner.
- When recording is completed click the Stop button in the top left corner.
- The recording will begin to upload to the server.
- Presenter can log out of computer and walk away.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.